What “other” fees are there besides the purchase price?
Other fees include taxes, shipping, and documentation charges. If you are a Texas resident, you must pay 6.25% on the purchase price of the boat to the State. ALL buyers are required to pay Texas Vehicle Inventory Tax (VIT) of .002375% of the purchase price. (The VIT amount is based on the county in Texas where the dealership is located). We also charge a $100 documentation fee for handling paperwork, filing titles, mailing and copying costs; these fees are fixed and non-negotiable.
How is shipping of the boat arranged, can I get a quote?
If you are interested in our shipping service, send us an email with your zip code and the boat you need shipped. We will get back to you shortly with a quote. All boats are covered by insurance while in transport, you will need to provide insurance once you take delivery of the vessel.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept certified cashiers’ checks drawn on US Banks in US funds. Personal checks from US Banks in US funds, which funds MUST be verified before boat will be released.
Do you do any financing?
Yowell’s Boat Yard offers extensive financing in all 50 States! Just click the logo below to fill out our secure on-line application, and let us take care of the rest. We are also happy to work with your local bank or credit union to get your deal financed.
I live out of state. How does the buying process work if I am getting financing from my local Credit Union / Bank?
Working with your bank:
- We contact each other via email and phone to finalize the transaction.
- Email all required paperwork to your bank, including copies of the Purchase Order and Title Documentation.
- ALL buyers are required to pay Texas Vehicle Inventory Tax (VIT) of .002375% of the purchase price. (The VIT amount is based on the county in Texas where the dealership is located). We also charge a $100 documentation fee for handling paperwork, filing titles, mailing and copying costs; these fees are fixed and non-negotiable.
- Your bank sends certified funds for the balance due.
- We FedEx your banking institution the title to the vehicle
- When we receive your funds we ready the boat for shipping or delivery at the dealership. Delivery time usually takes 2-3 days in most cases.
- We send you duplicate copies of the Purchase Order; one for you to keep, and the other for you to sign and return with our driver.
What about Extended Warranties?
To find out about extended warranties on available products or any extended warranty promotions, email us.
What type of service is done to the boat prior to it being sold?
All boats are professionally cleaned before sale. If there are any mechanical issues noted during inspection, they are addressed before the boat is sold. Any issues that we elect not to fix are disclosed in our listings online.
Any other questions?
Contact Us for detailed Information